Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Unique Contribution(s).

Our World Literature class is full of many characters, who demonstrate many distinct attributes; but in reference to myself, I am not entirely sure what I bring to the class. 
When I think about my contributions to the class, a few ideas pop into my mind. First off, I believe that I bring some humor to our class by making rib-tickling comments about some of our classmates... Mark Andrew Burgess (cough, cough). This humor leads the class to go in one of two directions: it either leads into a discussion led by Mrs Healey, or it accomplishes nothing and leads to more comments by some of my classmates. This last one is the most typical.
My randomness too brings something to our class. From this randomness, I emit answers to various questions from Mrs. Healey, even though I have no reasoning for why I gave that answer. This then emits responses from others in the class proving that my answer was correct. On the other hand, I also can be called a follower. Not the way most people view it though; in a way I believe my following can be used as a way to backup another classmates answer. I also can be a suck-up but just because I agree with the teacher doesn’t mean I’m sucking up Mark.
These are all essential to who I am during our forty-one minutes of our World Literature class, but this is only my opinion of myself. So, in order to understand who I am not only can you trust my opinion but the opinions of others about myself. Now I shall end my first post with the hope of people commenting and showing what they think of what I bring to the class.
But to end on a more positive note... I DO GIVE AMAZING HANDSHAKES!!!!! Just ask Mike Whetzel.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with Gene's assessment of himself, overall. He adds humor and levity to some of the more serious topics in class, which I think is very valuable. But I do disagree with the fact that he said that our side-tracked conversations accomplish nothing. I think that these rants have a value of their own a majority of the time. I also know that we all benefit from and appreciate Gene's ability to help support our a arguments during class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Gene's assessment of what he brings into the classroom. His humor makes discussions more enjoyable and his random nature does; however, find a way to relate to the topic we are covering. To say all of our supposed off topic conversations accomplish nothing, I would say, are untrue. Some may not deal with the topic, but many somehow end up relating to the topic with the help of Mrs. Healey. Also, Gene's ability to ignite discussions and support others' arguments is admirable. He is able to think on the spot many times and contribute useful information into class discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gene's "rib-tickling" comments always brighten the classroom. Just reading "rib-tickling" brightened my day. He definetly brings humor to the classroom with the help of Mark. I also agree with his randomness. He always seems to come up with an answer out of no where even though he claims he has no idea what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would I let you all rant for no reason on purpose? Only if it was 8th period on a friday. I do love Gene's rib-tickling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh--and Gene, you should fix the grammatical error in your header. NOT rib-tickling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone and I'm glad I brightened your day Lindsay, and Healigan thanks for the heads up on that grammatical error. I fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete