Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Power of Music

As I sit here, typing on my mac, trying to think of what I should write about this week. Now usually it takes me a good few minutes, maybe an hour on a bad day, so to pass the time I play my music. It then hits me... I should talk about something with a music oriented theme, so here I go.
In my mind, there is nothing like music. It has so many uses in today’s society. For instance, it is a way for people to convey what they are trying to say without actually saying it or they just don’t want to cause any legal strife. It also is a way for people to say what is going on and asks them to help out the cause. Even background music in movies has a basic idea, which is to show what is going to happen or what is about to happen. It also can be used as a way of foreshadowing what’s about to happen, like if something scary is about to happen an eerie or intense tune comes on.
Apart from all these uses that music can be used for, there is no definite use for music, because there are so many genres. I mean let’s look at them. There is: rap, hip-hop, country, pop, R&B, disco, rock & roll, reggae, electric, metal, and classic. Now I don’t know about anyone else, but that’s a lot of music, and each specific genre sings about certain things. 
Now I don’t really have any musical preference, and I’ll basically listen to anything, except country (not a fan). My favorites, however, are: rap, hip-hop, r&b, and rock. I don’t know why but those are the genres that attract my attention. Now with so many genres there are bound to be different opinions, so I would be delighted if others would post their musical preferences. I don’t judge either, so just say what you like and possibly list some of the songs that you like so I can share your interest in them.
P.S.: A few of the songs that I have found lately that I think are really good are: Look at Me Now by Chris Brown and Uptown by Drake featuring Bun B and Lil’ Wayne (rap); Rocketeer by the Far East Movement, Out of my Head by  Lupe Fiasco featuring Trey Songz, and Young, Wild & Free by Wiz Khalifa featuring Snoop Dogg (hip-hop); and Yeah 3X by Chris Brown (R&B).

3 comments:

  1. I hate Justin B, but he sounds pretty good in some of his songs. I hate all country and would like anyone who does to stop pretending they are cowboys because they like country music. Probably my favorite song is Remember the Name by Fort Minor. Lil Wayne's Green and Yellow can go die somewhere in a ses pool of poop

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't help it...http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/03/02/best-music-scenes-in-movies-25-1/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Gene: the captcha for that comment was "parti" perrrrfect

    ReplyDelete