Thursday, December 23, 2010

Seasons Greetings

Christmas time, one of the greatest times of the year, where family and friends get together to celebrate the holidays and enjoy good food. Now I don’t know about everyone else, but Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. Other than how busy everyone is and how stressed everyone gets because they are trying to get done some last minute shopping or trying to clean their house in time for the Christmas celebration they are having. For instance, after I’m done blogging, I’m going to go clean my house for my mother... I’m actually being forced to do this but that’s besides the point.
After all this is done, however, I realize that Christmas is only two days away. Now I remember when I was little and I would always sneak downstairs at six in the morning to see what presents Santa had gotten me. Those were the days, however I still find myself doing the same sort of thing now that I’m older. I still wake up relatively early, 8:00 now, and can’t get back to sleep because of the hype of it being Christmas. It’s just something I can’t outgrow and brings out the kid in me. 
Now as I go to finish my daily chores of cleaning the house, and going to finally get a job, I will be constantly thinking of how the next two days will be and how they are the two most exciting days of the year for most people.

6 comments:

  1. I would have to agree Christmas is one of my favorite holidays as well. I love the feeling you get during the Christmas season, of love and happiness and being able to share that with your family. However this Christmas is different for me this year, Im the youngest in my family and now that Im going to be 18 soon, Christmas just isn't the same anymore. In fact if it wasn't for the Christmas songs on the radio and the decorations outside, I would have no clue it was two days away. I guess growing up Christmas for me anyway isn't as exciting because it is more adult with gift exchanging and soon itll be a time where gifts arn't as much anymore because we are older.

    I miss Christmas from when I was younger, it was such an exciting time and I think it has a lot to do with the ages everyone was, now that we are all almost adults takes away from the cheer somewhat. Don't get me wrong Im still excited about what Im getting, but I can tell you that on Christmas eve im not going to have any problems sleeping, or getting up early because I just cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not agree with Gene on the waking up at 8:00. I literally just told my mom to wake me up at 9:30 or later so I could get some well earned sleep. It is not because I do not love Christmas, it is because that day holds little hype nowadays. I guess we are in the in between period where we d not believe in Santa, but we do not have kids of our own to get excited over Santa. The most exciting part of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was our Christmas Eve crab feast filled with good stories and great food. Christmas Day has turned from presents to being a game filled day of watching sports. I am still excited for Christmas to come, but its more for the children now. I feel old....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gene. Christmas is a very exciting time, but also quite busy. I had to do last minute shopping once we began break, but I was still very excited for Christmas. It is the time where everyone is cheerful and the family gets together to celebrate. I love Christmas, despite all the cleaning and cooking that needs to be done before the festivities begin. I never really got up too early as a child on Christmas, but I have always been excited for the presents. Christmas brings out the kid in many of us. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas isn't really about Christmas morning for me anymore. It's so much more about Christmastime - the music, the lights, and my family. This year, my older brother had to work on Christmas day, so he didn't get home til the 26th, and we all waited to open presents. It wasn't even a concern. I liked the gifts I got, but seeing my family and enjoying the vacation was way higher on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still wake up early and get excited to see the presents under the tree that "magically" appeared over night. I never care what I actually get but I like feeling like a kid for once. It's sad how different Christmas is now that we are grown up. I barely wanted to decorate my tree the week before because it still didn't feel like Christmas yet. Nowadays I don't get into the holiday spirit until Christmas Eve and then it's all over so fast. I wish it was Christmas week instead of day so we had more time to spend with our family.

    ReplyDelete